What can Acupuncture treat?
Acupuncture is acknowledged by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) for the treatment of over 100 health conditions.
Acupuncture can effectively treat:
- Cardiovascular- Arrhythmia, High cholesterol, Hypertension, Heart Disease
- Digestive- Abdominal Pain, Acid Reflux, Food Allergies, Candida, Constipation, Colitis, Crohn's Disease, Diarrhea, IBS, Hemorrhoids, Gas/Bloating, Nausea
- Emotional- Stress, Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression, Substance/Smoking Addictions, PTSD
- Endocrine- Adrenal fatigue, Autoimmune Disorders, Thyroid Disorders, Diabetes
- Musculoskeletal- Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammation, Sciatica, Disc Problems, Joint pain, Tendonitis, TMJ, Trauma, Sprain/Strain
- Neurological- Headaches, Migraines, Bell's Palsy, Neuropathy, Stroke recovery
- Oncological- Side effects of radiation and chemotherapy: Fatigue, Nausea, Neuropathy, Hair Loss
- Respiratory- Asthma, Allergies, Cough, Common Cold, COPD, Sinusitis
- Urological- UTI, Kidney Disease
- Women's Health- Endometriosis, Infertility, Painful Periods, Irregular periods, PMS, Pre-natal and post partum care, Menopausal symptoms, PCOS, Uterine fibroids
How does it work?
Acupuncture is based on the idea that there are 12 main channels of energy, each pertaining to a different organ system, running through the body in order to keep it functioning. This can best be explained in Western terms by Einstein’s theory E=MC2, which states that everything that has mass has energy. When there are blockages in these channels, pain, sickness and organ pathology are the results. By inserting a thin, sterile metal needle, the best conductor of energy on the planet, acupuncture is able to redirect this energy allowing it to flow freely through the channels. This creates a balance of energy in the body, and therefore, allows the organ systems to function properly, eliminating pain and promoting health. Acupuncture essentially helps the body heal itself.
What is cupping?
Cupping is an ancient Chinese medical treatment that provides suction using glass cups on various muscles of the body. Cupping promotes lymphatic drainage which assists in the detoxification process. By force from gentle suction, it draws out inflammation and congealed blood from joints and muscle layers, which is essential for restoration.
Benefits of Cupping:
-Treats tight muscles
-Thwarts a cold or the flu
-Increases detox process during a cleanse or elimination diet
Questions? Feel free to CONTACT US for more information.